Thinking about a home improvement project, upgrading your kitchen, remodeling your bath? Then you should consider attending the Raleigh Spring Home Show this weekend! The Home Show features new building products, home improvement ideas, demos, and some great technologies that are designed to improve your home and make life convenient! Get inspired about your next interior and exterior remodeling project at the Raleigh Spring Home Show!
The Raleigh Spring Home Show event is designed for homeowners – who are in all stages of remodeling, landscaping and decorating their homes. The show will include home improvement and remodeling exhibits with product demonstrations and sample interior and exterior vignettes. Many of the exhibitors go to great lengths to provide visual, interactive experiences designed to stimulate your creativity and dreams for your home improvement plans.
Stop by Booth #34 and say Hello to our Wake ReStore staff! The Wake ReStore should be your first stop for home improvement and remodeling materials! We are the super thrift store with a mission!
Raleigh Spring Home Show DATES:
- Friday 2/14 from 11 am to 9 pm
- Saturday 2/15 from 10 am to 8 pm
- Sunday 2/16 from 10 am to 6 pm
Raleigh Spring Home Show LOCATION: Raleigh Convention Center, 500 South Salisbury Street, Raleigh, NC 27601
Exhibitor Directory (who will be at the show)
Join us on Saturday, February 15th for a blood drive.
The REX Bloodmobile will be at the Habitat Wake Raleigh ReStore from 10 am to 2 pm for those who want to donate blood!
Please join us to donate blood! Your donation can help save a life.
DATE: Saturday, February 15th
TIME: 10 am to 2 pm
LOCATION: Habitat Wake Raleigh ReStore at 2420 N Raleigh Blvd, Raleigh
HOW TO SIGN UP: You can sign up online by clicking HERE or Call: 919-784-4750 (let them know you want to donate at the ReStore)
Did you know …
- One unit of blood is equal to about a pint and can save up to 3 lives. It takes the body 48 hours for your body to replace donated blood.
- Only about 40% of the population is eligible to donate blood and less than 5% of the population actually donate. More than 95% of the population will receive blood by the age of 72.
- Someone needs blood every two seconds.
- About 1 in 7 people entering a hospital will need blood.
- Healthy adults who are at least 17 years old, and at least 110 pounds may donate about a pint of blood.
- Females receive 53 percent of blood transfusions; males receive 47 percent.
- Becoming a volunteer blood donor is an easy way to help save someone’s life – Making a differnce to yourself, someone else, and your community!
Who can Donate Blood?
To give blood, you must:
- be in generally good health and free of cold or flu symptoms for at least 48 hours before giving blood;
- not be taking antibiotics for an infection;
- be at least 17 years old (16 with parental consent);
- weigh at least 110 pounds;
- bring photo identification or donor card
Blood Type Facts
There are eight different common blood types, which are determined by the presence or absence of certain antigens, which are substances that can trigger an immune response if they are foreign to the human body. Since some antigens can trigger a patient’s immune system to attack the transfused blood, safe blood transfusions depend on careful blood typing and cross-matching.
There are 4 major blood groups determined by the presence or absence of two antigens (A and B) on the surface of red blood cells:
||Has only A antigen on red cells (and B antibody in the plasma)
||Has only B antigen on red cells (and A antibody in the plasma)
||Has both A and B antigens on red cells (but neither A nor B antibody in the plasma)
||Has neither A nor B antigens on red cells (but both A and B antibody are in the plasma)
We have received a huge shipment of custom, high-quality tiles!
Most all of these are hand-made ceramic tiles! Too many styles to show you everything. Tiles are priced at 1/3 rd of retail! ONLY available at the Raleigh location.
Here is an example of what we have available:
Ceramic tiles are $25 box
Custom imprinted tiles and mosaics are $30 and up (per box)
Some styles/colors have larger quantities available.
Tis the Season to be Jolly! And we are Jolly at the Habitat ReStore. Please join us on Monday December 23rd, from 10 am to 1 pm for a visit with Santa!
Santa has made arrangments to visit the Raleigh ReStore!
Join us for some hot chocolate, sweet treats, and the opportunity to meet Santa!
DATE: Monday, December 23
TIME: 10 am to 1 pm
LOCATION: Raleigh Habitat at 2420 N Raleigh Blvd. Raleigh, NC
Take a picture with Santa… bring your cameras for a photo opp!
Both the Raleigh and Cary ReStores are rolling out the ReStore ReBUCKS program and its a great way to save some money! Spend $50 on your purchase between December 2nd and December 14th and receive a ReStore ReBUCKS voucher. This voucher provides a $10 savings on your next purchase between December 16th through the 31st. Just in time for the holidays!
Also – both stores have ReStore Gift Cards available. Give the gift that keeps on giving!