Find our most recent newsletter here.
And sign up for future editions so you don’t miss a thing!
This post is part of an new series to help you get to know the many faces at the Habitat Wake ReStores. Check back every Monday to meet a new face and read a little about the people who make up our great team.
Name and Title: Ryan Stein, Fuquay-Varina ReStore Manager
Home town: Seminole, FL
Current town: Four Oaks, NC
When did you start working at Habitat Wake? October 6, 2014
What is your favorite thing about working for Habitat? The opportunity to serve such a diverse community. This is the local mission field!
What does your typical work day look like? Responding! To our volunteers, staff, customers and donors. Putting God’s love into action is more than just a mission statement to me.
What do you do in your spare time? Spend time with my family. After retiring from military service, rediscovering my marriage and family relationships has become a new priority for me. I have also been studying to be a Christian Counselor and/or Pastor.
Do you have any pets or children? My wife Amy and I have a blended step-family, altogether there are 7 children and so far 2 grandchildren. We also have a Great Pyrenese (Mordecai), and a miniature horse (Cricket).
Favorite meal: Pollo Guisado and rice (Puerto Rican Chicken Stew)
Dream vacation: My wife has a list of places she’d absolutely love to go, being able to take her to at least a few would be my idea of a dream vacation.
Do you have any strange hidden talents? Quiet and thoughtful, I’ve often been misunderstood as being angry in many cases. Seeing a problem from beginning to end and analyzing every possible outcome is usually what’s going on up there. I absolutely love challenging situations and working through them!
We had some great customers in 2016 who tagged us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to show us how the upgraded and styled their ReStore pieces. Here are our favorites! In no particular order…
1. Instagram user paige.farina1 made our ReStore chairs look extra elegant in this snap of her dining room.
2. Local DIY blogger Brittany Bailey of Pretty Handy Girl is a long-time ReStore supporter and made this beautiful built-in using pieces from our stores. You can check out the full tutorial on her blog.
3. How beautiful is this blue ReStore chair, as styled by Instagram user dallasbthompson?
4. Local blogger Meghan Grant also used the ReStore for an upgrade — this one in the bathroom. She took painted a ReStore light fixture using chalk paint and added some Edison bulbs and got a chic chandelier out of the process! Talk about an upgrade. You can read the full transformation story on her blog.
5. An anonymous crafty customer sent us this simple and beautiful DIY project — a homemade wreath on a ReStore window!
6. Another chair upgrade! No tools or paint required. Instagram user nikimcneil dressed up a pink ReStore chair with some elegant pillows and snapped this pretty picture.
7. Instagram user @sugar_and_salt00 took a bamboo-style nightstand from the ReStores and painted it this gorgeous green. She was apparently ahead of the curve, since Pantone only recently named its 2017 color of the year as Greenery.
8. An great entry way tranformation with a ReStore door via Instagram user alexamcross —
9. Instagram psmiles did a little dining room upgrade with this neat ReStore light fixture!
10. Instagram user zeytouna snagged this vintage-style French print at the ReStores.
11. Instagram user missdoster also found some ReStore prints to bring a little spring into her home before winter sets in.
Do you have ReStore pieces you have dressed up, refurbished, or styled? Tag us on social! We’d love to hear from you.