If you want to meet some great people, are interested in learning a new skill, or have a passion to help your community, the Habitat ReStores need you!
Our ReStores rank number 7 in the nation among over 700 stores, and generate more than $1,500,000 per year in proceeds. Proceeds from the ReStores directly support Habitat Wake’s mission to build safe, affordable housing in our community in partnership with hardworking, low-income families. The ReStores also offer discounted new and used materials to the public and help to keep more than 4,400 tons of usable materials out of the landfill each year!
Our ReStore success is made possible by volunteers like you. Together, we can do even more to build affordable housing and support the environment.
Volunteer opportunities are available in Raleigh, Cary, Apex, and Fuquay-Varina ReStores. Select a location that is convenient for you.
- Cashier – answer the phone, ring up sales, and sometimes work on small projects at the counter;
- Sales Floor Associate – help load, move furniture, assist in organizing product sections for better visibility and shopping experience;
- Merchandiser – assist in receiving donations, processing donations, or testing items and preparing them for the sales floor;
- Driver’s Assistant – assist donations procurement team in picking up, loading, and unloading donations;
- Light Repair – some items require maintenance such as tightening screws/bolts/knobs, securing table or chair legs, and other misc. “tinkering.”
If you have related experience or you’re willing to learn, you will make an excellent addition to our team! We are looking for individuals that would like to lend a hand, enjoy working with others, and have flexibility that they can volunteer between two hours to six hours at a time.
FOR COURT ORDERED OR LAWYLER RECOMMENDED COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS – CLICK HERE!
Click on the specific store location (buttons below) that you want to volunteer at in order to sign up for orientation and specific shifts.