If you want to meet some great people, are interested in learning a new skill, or have a passion to help your community, the Habitat ReStores need you!
Our ReStores at 7th in the nation out of more than 700 stores, and generate nearly $4 million a year. These proceeds directly support Habitat Wake’s mission to build safe, affordable housing in our community in partnership with hardworking, low-income families. The ReStores also offer discounted new and used materials to the public and help to keep more than 4,400 tons of usable materials out of the landfill each year!
Volunteer opportunities are available in all five ReStores. Opportunities include:
- Cashier – answer the phone, ring up sales, and sometimes work on small projects at the counter;
- Sales Floor Associate – help load, move furniture, assist in organizing product sections for better visibility and shopping experience;
- Merchandiser – assist in receiving donations, processing donations, or testing items and preparing them for the sales floor;
- Driver’s Assistant – assist donations procurement team in picking up, loading, and unloading donations;
- Light Repair – some items require maintenance such as tightening screws/bolts/knobs, securing table or chair legs, and other misc. “tinkering.”
If you have related experience or you’re willing to learn, you will make an excellent addition to our team! We are looking for individuals that would like to lend a hand, enjoy working with others, and have flexibility that they can volunteer between two to six hours at a time.